Remarkable architecture with its great doorway with a shattered pediment. Headquarters of the Tourist Information Office.
The magnificent Renaissance doorway from 1731 bears the arms of the town. Inside, on the stair landing, is the Roman Altar discovered in 1891 near the church. This Altar, dedicated to Jupiter, doubtless comes from a sacred location and bears witness to the Roman occupation of the site.
The clock mechanism, made by Schwilgué (1776-1856), the famous renovator of the clock in Strasbourg cathedral, told the time on the church bell tower until 1991.
Package visits offered